Spoiler alert!!! The answer is: YES.
While most people associate Project Management with more technical industries like engineering, IT and construction, the principles, methodologies and tools can be applied across all industries – and the benefits are undeniable.
So WHAT do we actually do?
- Firstly, we work with our clients to understand and define their objectives. We go over business goals and strategy, history, target audience, products, values, anything that can help us provide the best solution. One size fits all does NOT apply in marketing.
- Once we have established the project’s scope, we can plan and schedule the tasks and assign responsibilities. It may seem easy, but everything is subject to change, something always happens, and it’s never one project at a time. Yes, we are good jugglers, and NO, we don’t believe 9 women can deliver a baby in one month! 😊
- We then monitor the progress, keep an eye on the budget, assess any potential risks, deal with any rising issues, manage any change requests, and send regular updates to our customers. Easy Peasy!
- We do like to check and double-check our project deliverables… control freak much?
- Deliver and take all the glory… just kidding… maybe.
HOW do we do it?
Most of our clients do prefer a more traditional Waterfall approach, managing one thing after another linearly. Much like a computer game, you can’t move to the next step until you completed the previous one.
But if Agile is your cup of tea, we are well prepared for that as well. This means breaking the project into smaller ones. This is a great methodology for large, complex projects where if you waited to launch after everything was 100% done, you would be waiting a very long time and would probably have to start all over again. It’s a bit like preparing a seven-course meal.
SCRUM is a combination of the first two. It breaks down the project but consists of time sprints to complete each part while keeping the timing relatively fixed.
We need a mix of soft and technical skills to succeed: from data analysis and budgeting to communication, problem-solving and leadership. But let’s face it, we do rely a lot on our project management tools and software. Oh! I do love a nice Gantt-Chart.
Whether it’s written reports, timesheets, Gantt-charts, Kanban boards or using Microsoft Project, Trello, Zoho Projects, we’ve seen them all.
All of the above helps us deliver the project exactly as it was scoped, on time and within the agreed budget. If you want to know more, feel free to pop in for a chat to see what we can do for you and your business. Coffee and biscuits are on us.
We’re delighted to confirm that all projects at Activate Digital are fully managed by our project managers to ensure efficient delivery within agreed timeframes. Visit our Services page to find out how we can help you with your digital marketing efforts.